Skip to main content

Shawn Thomas Featured In #MusicLov3rz July!


SHAWN THOMAS – “Not what he had planned – but what HE had planned!”
Shawn Thomas is a worship leader.  Not what he had planned.  He’s a Christian recording artist.  Not what he had planned.  And most recently he’s been coaching others about leading worship.  But again, not what he had planned.  So what was his plan?
Well, apparently at first, he didn’t have a plan.  “I guess I was like a lot of folks out of high school and even out of college who have a general idea about what they like to do, but not really sure how to make a career out of that – and even though I knew I loved music, Christian music wasn’t on my radar at all.  I grew up in a traditional small town church with choral and organ music, so even though sometimes people would tell me, ‘Hey, you should sing Christian music,’ what I heard was ‘Hey, you should sing hymns and classical music,’ and that wasn’t the kind of music I really enjoyed.  It probably wasn’t what they meant either, but I didn’t know what Contemporary Christian Music was, and I hadn’t ever experienced praise and worship music in church.”
By his thirties, Shawn had opened his own music studio providing instruction in voice, piano, guitar, and dance, as well as some recording and production. “I figured that was what I’d be doing the rest of my life, and I did really enjoy it.  Then I started writing these songs that were a pop/rock style of music, but had lyrics about God and Jesus, and about my faith.  I had recorded a few secular albums in my 20s, but I had no idea what to do with these songs.  I figured no one would ever want to hear Christian lyrics with rock music – I mean, that’s just crazy talk!”  
Shawn played a couple of recordings of his new music for one of his students, who then invited Shawn to sing one of his originals at his student’s church.  “I said, ‘I can’t sing this in church!  It has drums in it!’ He just laughed and told me his church had a band and they sing music like that all the time.  That experience changed the direction of my life – musically, and spiritually.”
Get his FULL STORY in #MusicLov3rz Magazine July!



Get Shawn Thomas' "Anthology Vol. 1 & 2" now in all digital stores

Connect with him on




#MusicLov3rz July 2019 - Independent Music Worldwide
† 2018 Steeple Award Nominee "Media Publication of the Year" † 2019 IRAA Award Finalist "Magazine of the Year" 🙏 Independent Music For The Lord of All Genres

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Tevis Harris Featured In #MusicLov3z June!

Tevis Harris - Keep Winning Live! - Tickets -> click here Singer, songwriter, worship leader, director, educator, administrator, and producer, Dr. Tevis Harris is a Rocky Mount, NC native and currently sings and serves in ministry in his hometown. Tevis started singing in the church choir as a young boy and found that he was musically gifted. He has been a background vocalist for several artists and musical productions. His first single, Fight, was released in July 2019 and was his first musical production as an independent artist. The song features the group faVor, composed of several of his friends and family. His brand new single, Begin Again, from the upcoming album Keep Winning, was released January 11, 2021 is sure to stir your soul, uplift your spirit, and encourage your heart. He was featured on the Lonnie Hunter Morning Show as the @GETITDONE Guest of the Week. The song was also featured on Inspiration 1390 on New Music Friday. He has also been featured on many syndicated r...

Apostle John E. Ross Returns to #MusicLov3rz Magazine!

x   Apostle John E. Ross - Awesome God     https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/apostlejohneross/awesome-god https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CX7RZK5P https://music.apple.com/us/album/awesome-god-ep/1734565733?i=1734565736 https://open.spotify.com/album/0ljukwE97zZcGFEkm89i2Q?flow_ctx=32d3f781-3480-49f1-b35d-9fb69fe39034%3A1711782123           LET'S TALK TO THE LORD RADIO can now be added to a Roku account using: https://my.roku.com/account/ add/PV5XZNK   LET'S TALK TO THE LORD RADIO WAS NOMINATED FOR A STELLAR AWARD! https://www.thestellarawards. com   Check out this word from the Lord through Apostle John E Ross on Ephesians 2 - Saved Through Grace by Faith. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ 9gcobwshp3wp1v4/John%20Ross. mp4?dl=0           Let's Talk To The Lord season 8 is here! Catch it on www.kingdominfluencersbroadcast.com also on: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-to-the-lord/id1476822985 https://www...

Team Elevation Featured In #MusicLov3rz September

Team Elevation is an Inspirational Group that strives on having a PASSION for GOD, Music, Wellness, Kids and Living With A Purpose. As being a God-given vision, Team Elevation was formed in July 2015 by V. Hill (Victor Hill). This Music Ministry has been a calling of V. Hill for years, but now he's acting on it. Team Elevation is more than just music. It’s a music ministry that inspires, motivates, and encourages with GOD’s message through their music. Team Elevation doesn’t perform their music for you; they minister their music to you. In addition to his many talents, V. Hill is also the founder and CEO of SIP Ent LLC. V. Hill is from Mississippi but resides in the Atlanta area now. His longtime friend, Willie J (Rasheed Willie Johnson), rounds out the music group. Being a man of GOD, Willie J is also a certified life coach and motivational speaker. Coach Willie's God-given gift allows him to motivate others to excel and exceed their expectations. He’s also an author that wi...