Skip to main content

Melika Miller Featured In #LOV3RZ Magazine July Edition!




Since I moved to New York City from Poplar Grove, Arkansas, my life has had many ups and downs.  Coming from a small rural town and having big dreams of being a music artist has caused me many heartaches and pains.  There was a time in my life when I asked God to take the dream away from me so that the desire would stop, but He did not.
The following is an example of one occasion in my life in which I wanted to give up on my dreams.  I released an EP which had good reviews.  I was performing in tours around the New England area.  People were following my music, asking for my autograph and loved my songs.  Also, my songs were being played on radio stations.  I was performing at different venues in New York City and invited to different church events to perform.  People were saying how touched they were by my songs.  I even performed in festivals here in New York City and in Springfield, Connecticut.  I also performed at SOB’s for SolVillage and was 2nd runner up in a contest for a radio station here in New York City.  Because I thought my music career was about to take off I decided to quit my job.   It did not happen the way I hoped it would be. 
Proverbs 13:12 says that hope deferred makes the heart sick.  My hope in having a music career began to fade.  I remember being so discouraged and so disappointed that God did not allow this dream of mine to happen.  I began to doubt that performing and entertaining people was my calling.  I had had the taste of what it felt like to have a career as an artist, but it did not become my reality.  I felt so defeated and thought about moving back home to Arkansas.  It would be easy then and I would have no troubles.  Also, I returned back to teaching and was contemplating on pursuing steps to remain in the profession.  This was tangible, something that would be easy to do.  I could also go back to school and get my master’s in education and become a principal or something.  All these alternative options were more straight forward.  Honestly, I loved teaching math and I loved my students, but I knew that the classroom was not where I belonged.  That was just a scapegoat. 

Catch Melika's Full Story in #LOV3RZ July on June 25th!
Connect with Melika and her music!



Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Tevis Harris Featured In #MusicLov3z June!

Tevis Harris - Keep Winning Live! - Tickets -> click here Singer, songwriter, worship leader, director, educator, administrator, and producer, Dr. Tevis Harris is a Rocky Mount, NC native and currently sings and serves in ministry in his hometown. Tevis started singing in the church choir as a young boy and found that he was musically gifted. He has been a background vocalist for several artists and musical productions. His first single, Fight, was released in July 2019 and was his first musical production as an independent artist. The song features the group faVor, composed of several of his friends and family. His brand new single, Begin Again, from the upcoming album Keep Winning, was released January 11, 2021 is sure to stir your soul, uplift your spirit, and encourage your heart. He was featured on the Lonnie Hunter Morning Show as the @GETITDONE Guest of the Week. The song was also featured on Inspiration 1390 on New Music Friday. He has also been featured on many syndicated r...

Apostle John E. Ross Returns to #MusicLov3rz Magazine!

x   Apostle John E. Ross - Awesome God     https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/apostlejohneross/awesome-god https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CX7RZK5P https://music.apple.com/us/album/awesome-god-ep/1734565733?i=1734565736 https://open.spotify.com/album/0ljukwE97zZcGFEkm89i2Q?flow_ctx=32d3f781-3480-49f1-b35d-9fb69fe39034%3A1711782123           LET'S TALK TO THE LORD RADIO can now be added to a Roku account using: https://my.roku.com/account/ add/PV5XZNK   LET'S TALK TO THE LORD RADIO WAS NOMINATED FOR A STELLAR AWARD! https://www.thestellarawards. com   Check out this word from the Lord through Apostle John E Ross on Ephesians 2 - Saved Through Grace by Faith. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ 9gcobwshp3wp1v4/John%20Ross. mp4?dl=0           Let's Talk To The Lord season 8 is here! Catch it on www.kingdominfluencersbroadcast.com also on: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/lets-talk-to-the-lord/id1476822985 https://www...

Team Elevation Featured In #MusicLov3rz September

Team Elevation is an Inspirational Group that strives on having a PASSION for GOD, Music, Wellness, Kids and Living With A Purpose. As being a God-given vision, Team Elevation was formed in July 2015 by V. Hill (Victor Hill). This Music Ministry has been a calling of V. Hill for years, but now he's acting on it. Team Elevation is more than just music. It’s a music ministry that inspires, motivates, and encourages with GOD’s message through their music. Team Elevation doesn’t perform their music for you; they minister their music to you. In addition to his many talents, V. Hill is also the founder and CEO of SIP Ent LLC. V. Hill is from Mississippi but resides in the Atlanta area now. His longtime friend, Willie J (Rasheed Willie Johnson), rounds out the music group. Being a man of GOD, Willie J is also a certified life coach and motivational speaker. Coach Willie's God-given gift allows him to motivate others to excel and exceed their expectations. He’s also an author that wi...